Tuesday, October 2, 2007

WSC21- File Folder Card

I have to admit, I was a bit intimidated by Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I printed off her tutorial, read through it and read through it again and it wasn't until I actually started cutting that it finally clicked. And as it turned out, this was a really fun card to make! (Thanks Beate!)

When I started creating, I knew I wanted to make something masculine and already had my Lovely as a Tree set out for a swap I'm working on. I stamped the large leaf onto Shimmer White cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink, watercolored it with Old Olive ink and then added a touch of Metallic Colored Pencil to the leaves. The "unique" saying is from SU!'s Genuine Article set and the "you" is from the Paper Tray set by Paper Trey Inc. Brocade Blue cardstock serves as the base and the designer paper is from My Mind's Eye. The swirls are Autumn Leaves Flourishes 2. Love, love, love this set! I found mine at Archivers, but since then I've also seen it at Target and Walmart.

It was so nice to be able to stamp this afternoon. In additon to being preoccupied with thoughts of Chris' health, I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days...some kind of "bug". Things went well at Chris' appointment. He does need to have surgery, however there is a less-invasive approach they would like to take using orthoscopic surgery. We're both so thankful that this is an option for him. The recovery time will be minimal and Chris will be able to get back to his normal routine. (You were right Corie- he loved the card.)

I think I'll go make another File Folder Card. It's therapeutic. :) You should give it a try too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patti, this turned out beautiful! Thanks for trying it out!
Hugs and smiles

Andrea, said...

This is beautiful I love the papers you have chosen and the flourish in the corner looks great

Unknown said...

Oh this is so pretty, ya know in a masculine way of course. I might try and tackle one of these tonight I have some RAKs to send and I need to make swaps, 20 of em, for the weekend. Glad to here the hub has some good options. Now you just need to get feeling good.

Angel said...

Very pretty! Glad you tried it so we can see it!

Corie said...

So glad he liked your card!!! This one is great too. I hope you all are feeling better soon!!!!

BTW-- In my humble opinion I would not suggest the the surgery unless it is a last resort. My hubby had the surgery first, and it limited his options after.

I will send happy thoughts your way, hope things get better!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails