Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vintage Friends

Nothing like the gift of time off to get the creativity flowing.  We have been under a mound of snow here in Illinois for the past couple of days.  Both school and work have been closed.  I've cooked, cleaned, enjoyed time with my family and even stamped!  It's been very therapeutic!
Valentine's Day always makes me mindful of the blessings of friendship, so I set out to make some cards for my dearest friends.  In going through my stash of supplies, I came across some vintage friendship stickers from Cloud 9.  I think I bought them a few years ago.  (I know, I know)  At any rate, they were a perfect match for the Basic Grey Wisteria paper that I've been hoarding.  ;)  

Achieving the perfect vintage look has always been a challenge for me.  I absolutely love it and I am totally drawn to it, but creating it is another story.  I'm certainly no Julia Stainton or Betsy Veldman,  but I feel like I'm making progress.  I think I'll keep at it and see what else I can come up with today.

Until next time, stay warm and be safe! ~Patti

1 comment:

Amy Pitts said...

Patti - so happy to see you working on your stash. Isn't it so great when stuff you have been hording all comes together. I love the cards you came up with they are all beautiful! I can't wait to get together in the near future and do some stamping. hugs girl

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails