Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Teacher Appreciation

It's been a rough year at Chesebro Elementary.  We started the year off with a new Principal, moved classrooms and teachers around for about 3 months before finally settling in.  We had H1N1 to deal with and then one of our precious little students passed away. 

We came back in January to announcements of budget cuts and then many of our teachers were told they were being let go.  We've dealt with some serious family illnesses, including pnemonia and cancer and experienced loved ones lost.  

Then, interviews began this week for those re-applying for teaching postitions.  It's been an emotional and stressful year at Chesebro and yet we've helped each other through it all.  I'm so proud to be a part of such an amazing staff.

This week at Chesebro, we are showing our teachers how much we appreciate them.  They certainly deserve to be celebrated!
We have some special treats in store for them, including several power point presentations by students, lots of heartfelt notes and pictures from students and a little gift bag of goodies.  I was asked to make the tags for the bags and had a great time with it!  I made 22 tags and each one is different. This is a small sample of my favorites. 

I used stamps and paper from the Imaginisce Teacher's Pet line that I was fortunate enough to win from Papercrafts several months back.  I knew they would be put to good use one day! 

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you're having a super week!  Blessings~ Patti

3 comments:

Amy Pitts said...

awww.....so super cute. What lucky teachers.

Juli Smith, said...

I agree - too cute Patti! I'm glad you got a chance to staMP TOO - i ALWAYS LOVE SEEING YOUR CREATIONS. GOD HAS TRULY BLESSED YOU WITH A CREATIVE PAPER-CRAFTING TALENT. (sorry about the caps - this new keyboard is driving me crazy! lol)

stampmonkey said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe all that's transpired this year at your school!! I'm sure the teachers really appreciated all the love and support they were given. Your tags are darling, and how fun that they were all different! I'm sure that was quite an undertaking for you, considering all you have on your plate.

I didn't realize you'd won something from PC as well --you're on a hot streak this year, I'd say! Maybe you should've reconsidered tossing your hat into the ring with the PC Idol.... ;)

blessings,
Christi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails