Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WSC20- Priceless Sparkle

I'm not sure this is quite what Beate had in mind for her weekend sketch challenge, but I had an absolute blast creating it!

I started with Close to Cocoa cardstock and stamped it with the Weathered background using Creamy Caramel ink. Then I added the scalloped edge at the bottom using my corner punch minus the guard. Next, I cut my pieces of Basic Grey Blush paper and sponged them with Close to Cocoa ink. I stamped the swirl flourish on the red piece, scalloped the edge of the floral piece and added gems and ribbon before layering it on the cardfront.

My favorite part of this card was creating the "flower". I stamped the flower from Priceless on Vanilla cardstock with Baroque Burgundy ink and punched it out with my 1 1/4" circle punch, then layered it onto a 1 3/8" circle of Rose Romance. I then layered that onto a Vanilla Scalloped Circle and onto a big Heidi Swap flower and finally onto a Vanilla Marvy Mega Scalloped Circle. On the center flower I layered another flower using dimensionals.

Next, I stamped and cut out the butterfly, punched out my corner pieces and stamped and punched my ovals. After assembling these pieces, I added gems to my scalloped edge, a big Doodlebug gem to the center of my flower and Fruit Punch Stickles wherever my heart desired.

I haven't had this much fun creating in a while. You should see my desk. ;)

2 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, those papers are gorgeous

Unknown said...

Love it! I have been stamping and scrapping I know I know...don't fall over.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails