Monday, July 14, 2008

CP Monarch Butterfly

When I received my Monarch and Swallowtail Butterflies stamp set from Creative Play, my husband asked "Don't you already have butterfly stamps?" I replied, "Um, yes, but these are a totally different design." Fortunately, he let it go at that. Truth is, I think I've developed a thing for butterfly stamps. ;)

Laura's take on the Monarch and Swallowtail are so realistic. They are truly beautiful! I've used the Monarch here with Daisy D Gypsy Harvest Paper. The paper is gorgeous! It looks similar to a scarf that my uncle brought back for me from his trip to Turkey a couple of years ago. Coupled with the black embossing powder it helps make the Monarch come alive.

Thanks for visiting today! Take care~ Patti

Project Details
Stamps: Creative Play Monarch & Swallowtail Butterflies, Thank You
Paper: SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, Daisy D Gypsy Harvest
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, SU! So Saffron & More Mustard
Other: Black embossing powder, Scallop scissors, Ticket punch, black velvet ribbon, amber bling

5 comments:

Angel said...

ME TOO! I love butterfly stamps. It;s cuz hubby calls me Butterfly and has since I got my butterfly tattoo about 13 years ago. :-) This Monarch is gorgeous with this paper!!!

Michele Kovack said...

ABsolutely gorgeous!!! You were at the Copic class yesterday....I just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Juli Smith, said...

This is simply gorgeous Patti! The FAB paper is a perfect pairing with the lovely CPS butterflies.

Love & friendship, Jules

stampmonkey said...

This card is absolutely stunning! So rich and elegant! That dp is soooo rich and yummy, and you're right, it really does make the butterfly come alive!

Amy said...

WOW!.... where are my other words... WOW, WOW, WOW!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails