Sunday, November 18, 2007

Got Verve?

I was soooo happy that my new Verve stamps arrived before my Saturday Crop! One of the challenges at the crop was to created something using Bazzil Bling cardstock. Verve's Starlight Starbright was the perfect match!

I paired up my cranberry Bazzill Bling with some SU! Brushed Gold cardstock to create a gift box. It needed a little something to dress it up, so I covered a chip board star with the Brushed Gold cardstock, sanded the edges and added SU! gold cord. The tag was made with the Verve Starlight Starbright set, Baroque Burgundy ink and oval punches. The ribbon around the lid was a suprise find from Biglots. This box is the perfect size for 3x3 note cards, gift cards and jewelry!

The box turned out great and I won the challenge and a whole package of Bazzill Bling 12x12 cardstock! Very fun!!!

BTW, this little box is super easy to make! For the bottom simply cut a 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" square of cardstock and score it on each side at 1 1/2". For the top, cut a second piece of cardstock in a 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" square and score it on each side at 3/4". On both the top and bottom pieces, snip along each vertical score line just in to the horizontal score line to create tabs. Fold and secure each tab with adhesive and your done!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful box! It deserves to be a winner!

Nancy B said...

I'm glad that you won the Bazzill Bling challenge.

It's really a lovely box.

PS: Thanks for the instructions on how to make the box.

I just need to get a scoring blade for my trimmer.

Take care. Hope to see you again some time soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails