Sunday, April 13, 2008

Beautiful Christian Sister

Happy Sunday! After several days of dark skies and stormy, chilly weather, the sun is finally peeking out this morning. The birds are twittering about, buds have popped on the trees and the grass is so green. I don't know if it will last all day, but it sure is glorious right now!

I recently received an email of this Maya Angelou writing. Because it's so beautiful I want to share it with you and encourage you to pass it on.

Beautiful Christian Sister
by Maya Angelou

A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean livin'', I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven."

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou, I'm just a simple sinner who received God's good grace, somehow!

Thanks for visiting. Wishing you a blessed day! ~Patti

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails