My two older boys have been celebrating with their graduating friends over the past week and I have made about a dozen grad cards already. As I don't own any stamp sets with graduation caps, etc, I went with stars.
Verve's Starlight Starbright was just perfect paired up with this designer paper from Close to My Heart. I covered chipboard stars with matching paper and lots of Stickles to really make them shine! The inside verse says "Reaching for the stars, we find our greatest self."
The "Your time to Shine" card features the Fiskars Treading Water border punch. Was so excited to find it at Archiver's! The "Headed for Stardom" card features Julee's Mojo Monday 39 sketch. I'm hoping to make more time for participating in her sketch challenges this summer, along with Beate's.
Now that summer break is finally here, I have a whole list of things I want to accomplish and enjoy this summer. Shall I share? OK, I will. ;)
1) Spending time with my family, going to Chicago, vacationing in Galena, visiting with extended family and friends, enjoying Concerts in the Park, bike riding, going to the Theatre, catching some movies, bowling and lots more!
2) Doing a major house cleaning! I know, doesn't sound like fun but it needs to be done. I think there might be something to feng shui because I don't function well in clutter. ;)
3) Working on home improvement projects! We are hoping to put new siding on our house this summer...Slate (a medium grey color) with black shutters and a red front door. Can't wait to see it done!
4) Sorting and organizing my children's school work, projects, pictures and memorabillia. I have several (at least 4) big boxes of their "stuff" that I've collected over the past 12 years. It's time to get it into some kind of order.
5) Walking with Leslie! I'm working on shedding about 30 pounds this summer and my favorite work out is the Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds series. No matter what the weather outside, I can always walk inside, no excuses.
6) Stamping! I've already spent a couple of days getting my stamping space in order and I'm looking forward to playing more! Even have a few days on the calendar to stamp with friends. :)
7) Relaxing with some downtime! I really enjoy watching movies and like to watch Pride & Predjudice, Sense & Sensibility, Emma and Mansfield Park each summer. In addition, my children and I like to take rainy summer days and watch all of a series of movies in the same day. One rainy day we'll watch all the Harry Potter movies, another the Star Wars series, and so on.
I hope you and your family are able to enjoy some fun and relaxing times this summer too! Thanks for stopping by today! Smiles ~Patti