Thursday, July 12, 2007

Monogram Gifts

Sarah has been invited to a girlfriend's birthday party on Saturday. She is such a social butterfly. Most of her friends are at the age where they prefer to receive gift cards, but a gift card alone always seems so ... blah. This year, I've been making monogram gifts to accompany the gift cards.

The letter "E" is from Mike's. I used matte finish mod podge to cover it with SU! Loves Me Designer Paper. Then I embellished it with some ribbon, flowers, a button, "sweet" from the SU! Sweet on You set and a bit of Fruit Punch Stickles.

The card features all SU! product including Sweet on You, Dots and Daisies and Small Script stamp sets. I used Regal Rose, Cool Carribbean, Taken with Teal and Winter White cardstock, along with Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink and Basic Black Ink. The scalloping is done with my corner punch with the guard removed. A little bit of paper piercing and some Fruit Punch Stickles and it was complete.

The monogram notebook also came from Mike's. It was in their dollar goodies. What a find! I simply covered a chipboard "e" with patterned paper, a flower and Turquoise Stickles and then added lots of ribbon to the binding. I so enjoy making monogram gifts. They're always quick and easy and oh so personalized.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails