Monday, January 7, 2008

SIMPLICITY

After visiting my blogging buddy, Angel's site this afternoon http://angelosity.blogspot.com/2008/01/focus.html, I started thinking about my word of the year. What should it be? So many words made their way into my mind, but the one that stood out the most was Simplicity.

Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough. ~ Charles Dudley Warner

In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak. ~Hans Hofmann

From Wikipedia: Simplicity is the property, condition, or quality of being simple or un-combined. It often denotes beauty, purity or clarity. Simple things are usually easier to explain and understand than complicated ones. Simplicity can mean freedom from hardship, effort or confusion. It may also refer to a simple living lifestyle.

This year, I hope to take the saying "Less is more" to heart by embracing simplicity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh less is more is a great motto! I have been using it for a few years now and it has really been a blessing. I know your going to have a fabulous year!

Angel said...

WOW... thats a great word!! Have a very Great year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails