Friday, January 23, 2009

Love Languages

TGIF! I'm so glad the weekend is finally here! I'm going out on date with my hubby tonight. Not sure where yet, but at this point it doesn't matter as long I get to spend time with him. I feel like I haven't seen him since Tuesday.

We started a 5 week class for couples at our church this past Tuesday. It's based on the book The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. We decide to sign up because we thought it would be a fun Valentine gift for each other. After the first session, we had to come home and do a "profile". Then, based on our selections, we found out our Love Language. They are "Words of Affirmation", "Quality Time", "Physical Touch", "Acts of Service" and "Receiving Gifts". I was sure mine was "Receiving Gifts" because well, I'll admit it, I'm a "material girl". I was wrong! (shock)

My love language is "Acts of Service", which is what my hubby said it would be. Chris definitely knows me better than I know myself. Which is exactly what I told the ladies in our group on Monday night. I'm a lucky girl! :)

I'm going to let my card speak for itself today. I'm not sure where it's going, I just felt like making something pretty, pink and sparkly, so here it is. Hope you like it. Have a fantastic weekend...and stay warm! Blessings~ Patti

3 comments:

Priscilla Heistad said...

This is just beautiful. Typically Asian is not my style, but I love the way you melded it with the "country" style with buttons.

I, myself, am words of affirmation. I need words, words, words. Initially I was surprised that you are acts of service, but yet it makes sense since that is the way you display love towards others.

I'm glad you and Chris are getting some time together. What a blessing.

Paula said...

Very beautiful, Patti! I love the pink and the sparkle. What a nice gift you and Chris are giving each other for Valentine's Day. My dear hubby surprised me by coming grocery shopping with me today. I went out to the car and there he was, sitting in the car, waiting to go with me. It was great to have him along-we got done in half the time. And it was just sweet of him. I too, am a lucky girl!

stampmonkey said...

I thought I'd check out your new post since our steaks aren't quite ready. ;) I love this card -- love the blossom branch with all the sparkle, the patterned paper, AND the buttons -- just beautiful!

What an awesome gift to each other...and your marriage...for Valentine's Day -- and how cool that your church is offering it. Several years back, we went to a one-day marriage seminar put on by Family Life Ministries and they had a segment devoted to Gary Chapman's Five Love Languages. Mine is also Acts of Service. Testosterone-loaded hubby's is Physical Touch. lol! It's always good to know (and worth the effort to try to speak) your spouse's love language, even if it's difficult sometimes. I'm sure you'll find this class rewarding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails