Saturday, January 17, 2009

TECC51 and a Winner

Happy Weekend! It actually feels like a mini vacation here. We've just had two days off because of the fridged temps and are now entering a three day weekend. It's been just what I needed! ;) Gave me a chance to get started on my Valentine cards.

Since this set comes from Taylored Expressions, I thought it would be fun to use Taylor's Cupcake Challenge for my first card. The set is Love is Sweet. It's absolutely adorable! My daughter and I will also be using it to make her Valentine's for school.

The paper and embellishments are from Taylor's store as well. The heart shaped brads were actually white, but I wanted teal, so I colored them with a Copic and added Aqua Stickles. I'll have more Valentine's to share over the next week, but now it's on to our winner... Stampmonkey!!! (aka: Christy)

stampmonkey said...
It's great to see you posting regularly, Patti! ;) I typically don't make Resolutions either, but having goals is always a good thing. Yours actually sound a lot like mine. I'm planning to read through the Bible this year (using the Daily Walk Through the Bible --I'm lovin' it!), and spend more time in prayer. I'm hoping to get more organized and to priorize my time better. If I succeed at this, I'll be spending less time on the computer and then be able to create (and hopefully post) more often. I'm trying to work out a budget and live by it. This is something I should do all the time, but I think it's become necessary now with the uncertainty of our current economy......which leads me to my next one: I want to purchase less new product and use more of what I already have. (It's gonna be really tough though.) And I'm planning to do two different scripture challenges this year...both of which will encourage my spiritual growth as well as my creativity. I think that's enough. lol

Great minds think alike Christy! ;) Drop me an email with your address so I can send you your new set. Thanks to everyone for sharing. I pray the Spirit gives us the power to accomplish all we hope to achieve this year. Enjoy your weekend! Blessings~ Patti

6 comments:

Taylor said...

How sweet, Patti! I love to see you used your new cupcake stamps! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge!

Corie said...

Patti, this is adorable!!

Carla said...

This is really cute, Patti!! I have a card all ready to go out to you on Monday!!!

Kathryn said...

Love it!! -- Your card is adorable! :)

stampmonkey said...

Darling cuppie card, Patti! I think that set is sooo cute. ;) Glad you enjoyed your extended weekend, and I hope that Jacob's party went well. I was so tickled to read that I actually won -- thanks SO much, Patti! I'm really looking forward to inking up that Verve stamp! ;)

Diva Scrapper said...

Too cute for words..what a lovely card. Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails